Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hello Blogosphere!

Welcome to my first blog, or better yet, my attempt to keep up with the ever-growing online universe. Hey, we need to adapt, or we'll get left in the dust by our children!

I'm a huge sports fan, but have become increasingly interested in the strategies of assembling a successful team. This is probably due to my love of fantasy sports, but drafts, trades, and salaray cap management seem to get my attention more than the games themselves.

The teams you'll see me write the most about are the Yankees, Knicks, Nets, and.......Eagles? Yes, although born and raised in New York, the Eagles are probably my favorite team. Before you rip me or call me names, let me set the stage for you. The year was 1988 and an 11 year old boy is entering his formative years of choosing a team to root for in the NFL. The Giants had just won a Superbowl two years prior and still had a great squad led by Lawrence Taylor, possibly the greatest defensive player ever, but the Philadelphia Eagles had a young dynamic QB from UNLV named Randall Cunningham. Cunningham, along with one of the great defenses assembled under Buddy Ryan made my choice an easy one. Am I happy with my choice? Well the Giants have been to three Super Bowls, winning two of them, and the Eagles have been to one Super Bowl loss and several heartbreaking NFC Champonships. Can I have a mulligan?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to talking real sports, fantasy sports, food, family, tv, movies and all of life's other pleasures. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first post. I too have a blog, but don't post nearly enough. I have become increasingly more interested in the building of teams. The NFL Draft is my favorite event. I read the scouting mags prior to the draft and all the post draft analysis, as well. I like playing games like Madden, NCAA Football(my favorite), NCAA Basketball, among others simply to build the franchises. Good luck with the blog, but no mulligan for the Eagles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Andrew. Yeah, I'd like to post on a regular basis, but we'll see how that goes as time passes. If I continue with it, maybe I'll ask your wife to help post them!
    I used to create Madden and NBA Live teams all the time, but have so much less time for that of late. I may have to dust off the old Playstation 2 and have some fun with that.

    ReplyDelete